Rehabilitation Counseling Psychologist
Balasubramaniam works as a counselor at Eve Psychosocial Rehabilitation Centre, involved in rehabilitating individuals with mental illnesses. Also a counselor in an NGO named EWFR (Education, Welfare and Research Foundation) in Kuala Lumpur and the counsellor at GoodKids.
Balasubramaniam worked as a lecturer at TAR College from 2007 – 2012. He used to manage a home for abused and abandoned children in Perak, and also the Children’s Protection Society, boys home in Penang.
Balasubramaniam was a principal for a school in Penang called Handicapped Children’s Appeal – children with multiple disabilities. He has undergone training in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) (Perth, Australia) - a therapeutic breakthrough in dealing with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder [PTSD] Associated Memory Loops and Locked-in Memories and in OCD.
- Masters Degree in Rehabilitation Counseling Psychology from Southern University, Louisiana, USA
- Certificate in Clinical Hypnotherapy from London College of Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Registered Counselor with Lembaga Kaunselor Malaysia
- A licensed Leonard Personality Inventory trainer
- EMDR Therapy for Children, Perth, Australia